GREEN GREEN GREEN


Yesterday's meal was a bit thrown-together and lazy. AND SO GREEN.

Roasted brussels sprouts: 
olive oil to toss/coat
salt and pepper

I throw them all in a big bowl, drizzle some OO, sprinkle/grind the S&P, and shake 'em around until well coated. Then I put them on a baking sheet, and roast at 400°F for about 20-30 minutes. I like them super crispy. I usually throw on some more salt when they come out of the oven.

The Braised Kentucky Pole Beans with Tomato and Garlic recipe comes from Local Fare (here). I didn't have stewed tomatoes, so I used some diced tomatoes from the can instead.

Our stand-by salad is a kale salad (sometimes with other greens like romaine), with tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.

Comments

Popular Posts