Leftovers...


Leftovers get very, very boring. It is not often that I legitimately enjoy eating leftovers. Even less often do I find a way to re-do my leftovers in a creative way.

Last night I was watching an old Comedy Central stand-up featuring Jim Gaffigan. He was telling a story about working in a Mexican restaurant in the Midwest, explaining to customers what each item was - always with beans, meat, and cheese (a bit of a generalization here, as I do not remember his exact words.) It is quite true though - my leftover enchiladas became tostadas.

I toasted my remaining corn tortillas in my toaster oven, and topped with the leftover black bean, zucchini, and goat cheese mixture. Then, some shredded Mexican blend cheese, low fat sour cream, chopped vine-ripe tomatoes, shredded romaine, and some leftover Tijuana Flats salsa. I must say, I enjoyed these more than the enchiladas...

Comments

Popular Posts