Free Rice!

A few years ago, my friend Nick introduced me to an awesome website, Free Rice, a website that is owned by and supports the World Food Programme. There are educational games on the site that are fun and challenging. I am having my students play the "English Vocabulary" game this quarter. For every correct answer, they donate 10 grains of rice to the World Food Programme, which then helps fight hunger worldwide.

Despite the somewhat questionable reliability of Free Rice, it does legitimately support the WFP, which in itself is positive. I think that overall it is well-intentioned and helps do good for free. I have decided to include a banner on this blog that links to the WFP's collection page to fight help hunger in Syria. I do not profit from this, but hope that they do (not that I expect my readers to donate, but perhaps playing Free Rice will be fun for you!)

Comments

Popular Posts